Saturday, March 12, 2011

Top Albums

Can't give much explanation for why I love them, just do. These are the albums that will always be in heavy rotation in my house.
The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill: Wish it was one of many solo albums from her. But if this is all she could give us, we should just say thank you and run. She is amazing.

Jagged Little Pill: Every single song on this album is amazing. Loved this album in 1995 when it was released, love it even more now that I have a little life experience under my belt and her lyrics are SPOT. ON.
Back to Black: Amy Winehouse is amazing, she is on the list because she is amazing. But, like many artistic geniuses, she is tragic. God gives them a gift that is almost too big for this world or for one soul to handle. So, many of them become self-destructive and eventually, well, destruct. I love her and I think she has serious talent and just hope she doesn't leave us too soon like, Jimi Hendrix, Kurt Cobain, Janis Joplin, and many others.
Greatest Hits: Lenny Kravitz is always on my list, strictly out of principle. But I had to choose Lenny's Greatest Hits because I love all of his albums. I became the obsessed fan I am today when he released the 5 album, but it is impossible for me to choose between, Let Love Rule, Mama Said, and Are Your Gonna Go My Way. Impossible. So, I love them all.

Thriller: This is the GREATEST album ever recorded. Michael Jackson is the greatest artist that ever lived. He not only shaped pop music, but music itself, period.

No comments:

Post a Comment