Tuesday, October 13, 2009

New Craft Hobby

My boyfriend and mom have both called me the "One Hitter Quitter" on many occasions when it comes to my hobbies. I, on the other hand, like to think of myself as a crafter. All of my hobbies fall under that category. Yes, I have bought many "kits" from Michaels, like the mosaic coasters, I made one of the two in the kit, found it to be a great success and moved on. I think of myself as someone who likes to see if I can do something, so I do it, and occasionally move on. BUT, I almost ALWAYS go back to them. I master new craft techniques and then fish it out of my "toolbox" when I want to go back to it.

I bought the Encyclopedia of Crafts by Martha Stewart. It has a ton of bookmark tags marking the many things I want to make eventually. She has an entire chapter on calligraphy. I don't have the greatest handwriting, but think I want to give it a try. I need some other things to focus on right now besides, work and work.

Here is a great example of what I want to do one day from Neither Snow.
















No comments:

Post a Comment