Sunday, October 18, 2009

Chi-Town: Wedding Time



View from our hotel 

All of our friends are taking to get married. Given that we will be celebrating our 5 year anniversary soon, most of them are wondering when we will join them. We are working on growing our relationship and will make that move when we are good and ready. But, heading to our first out of town wedding together, was certainly an adventure. I love Chicago. I truly believe people from Chicago are all so cool. President and Michelle Obama of course add to that rational, but I originally began feeling that way when I first visited on a work trip 2 years ago. When arrived in Chicago a full day before the wedding and before all of our friends, so we could spend a full day enjoying the city. We haven’t really spent any time together outside of DC, since I started my torture-some job hunt. It was a much needed mini-vacation.


At Gino's East

Our hotel was downtown, just a few blocks from Millennium Park. But our first stop was Gino’s East. The pizza was well worth the wait. I have never been much of a fan of deep dish, but obviously they are famous for it for a reason. The crust was the diamond. I started just eating the crust and dipping it into the sauce. One of those times you wish your stomach was bigger.


Gigantic Wedding Cake, delicious

We attended the best multi-cultural wedding EVER. She is Catholic Chinese from Chicago and he is Jewish Ukrainian, originally from the Ukraine, but grew up in Rhode Island. It was AWESOME. The mixed their two cultures perfectly. And once the party got started, all of our friends definitely took part. They had a bottle of Remy Martin on each table and it was over from there. I have never danced so much in my life. The quality of dancing was definitely below-par for me, but it was FUN! We stumbled into our hotel around midnight and barely made it to the airport in one piece. It was a great weekend. Plus, the vacation we both needed, especially since I started my new job the next Monday.

One wedding down, 3 more to go by October 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment