Friday, October 23, 2009

The New Job

I am so happy that I found a good job. The search was absolutely the hardest thing I had ever done. I did have some freelance work and amazing volunteer opportunities. I know I was definitely not the only people having a hard time, but it still takes its toll on you. Reading about other people who were going through very similar situation certainly helped, like These Little Moments.

I would have really loved to work downtown, so I could ride the Metro to work every day, but the position was in the Maryland 'burbs. I miss the Metro. I think it is generally safe, convenient, reliable (as long as you aren't on the Red line), and a great opportunity to zone out every morning reading a trash magazine. But driving again hasn't been completely terrible either. I am going against traffic for majority of my ride and have been making amazing time. On the worst day, it hasn't taken longer than 50 minutes, I can deal with that. In other parts of the country driving for that long is completely normal, but in D.C. Metro is just easier.

There is a lot of work to be done in this position, but I am really excited about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment