Friday, August 21, 2009

Creating a Mini-Design Studio...

...From a Closet.
I love doing my crafts, but I have to find a new place to do them. When I lived alone I could spread my stuff all over my living room floor for days until I was finished. But since moving in with my boyfriend, I definitely need a space to work. And since I am an organization freak, this should be fun. We have a den in our apartment that we use as a guest room (with the pull-out couch) and the "Man Cave". He has his huge TV and computer in there. But the room is also fitted with an amazing closet with French doors. The closet is deep enough to put my craft table in and create a mini studio, all I have to do is pull up a chair. I tried to use as many things as I already had around the house before buying anything new. I think I am off to a good start.



I only have a few things left, like lighting. I found a great write-up on Apartment Therapy about some great desk lamps from PB Teen. Is it a problem that I find more things from Pottery Barn Teen then the adult company, Pottery Barn?



Here are a few more things I would love to add. I need a great mood board.



But once we get our first home, I definitely want a craft room. I decided, if my boyfriend gets his "Man Cave" then I definitely get my studio. Here are a few amazing work spaces. I can only dream to have a grown-up, organized and chic space like Nicole's from Making it Lovely.


No comments:

Post a Comment