Thursday, August 27, 2009

Have to Admit this is JAMMIN'!!!



It is Miley, but I cannot deny a good song regardless of who is singing it. I heard it was produced by a hip-hop producer, so maybe that is where the HOT vibe is coming from. I was walking to the metro in the crazy heat, in a terrible mood. I put this on my iPod and almost busted out dancing in the middle of the metro station. I just heard the entire song for the first time yesterday. I heard it in her Wal-mart commercial, like 100 times. I am all over it. It is my end of summer jam.
I had a 2 hour-long texting session with my cousin in Texas about how I really can't stand teenage girls, they are just irritating and Miley definitely falls in that category, just obnoxious. I was not the most likable teenage girl either though, I haven't met many that are. But, I will give it to her, she has earned my respect on the music front. And the girl can sell ANYTHING. She has a serious following for a reason.
I watched her performance on the Teen Choice Awards. It was rather risque for a 16 year old. She has tiny shorts on and did a little dance with a pole, but at least she sang live and she sounded good. Most artist don't and that I respect. My cousin told me to just pretend that she is 18 when I watch it and it totally helped. I do that every Monday when I watch Gossip Girl, just pretend they were 25 years old and the show is totally believable. I love it.
Growing up isn't easy for anyone, especially for someone doing it in the public eye. Miley, I just don't want to see another Britney fiasco.


UPDATE:
Here is the performance from the Today Show this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment