Thursday, August 27, 2009

DC Restaurant Week

Last night, my boyfriend and I took part in DC's Restaurant Week. It happens a few times a year and we always try to take advantage. DC is a huge foodie town and there are a ton of really nice restaurants that are way above our food allowance. But with Prix-Fixe Menus we are all over it. It is $20.09 for lunch and usually $30.09 for dinner, but the price has gone up to $35.09 for dinner.

This past winter for Restaurant Week we went to B. Smith's in Union Station, a delicious Creole-Southern themed restaurant. And because it was so good the last time, we decided to go there again. I got the Smothered Chicken and my boyfriend got the meatloaf. I really enjoyed my meal, but my boyfriend thought it was better the last time we went, when he ordered the Swamp Thing, a mixed seafood dish. They do have the most yummy mini corn muffins and biscuits. It was totally worth the trip downtown, especially since we saw Ms. B. Smith herself, as we were walking out of the restaurant. She is like the "black Martha Stewart". I used to watch her show on TV One.

You only have 3 more days to enjoy Restaurant Week. Go to Opentable.com to make reservations.

No comments:

Post a Comment