Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Lusting After: Mini Wall Gallery

I am definitely starting to become obsessed with interior design. I love the idea of having a great, modern house. I read dozens of design blogs everyday looking for new ideas. I am far from being able to decorate a beautiful house myself, but I can definitely tell you if I like something or not. I am totally loving a wall of picture frames.

Jenny from Little Green Notebook, has a great example of the simplest way to display a series of frames. I like symmetry so I prefer this style of same size, same frames, similar pictures.




Also from Little Green Notebook, Hugi Guiness has a great mismatch wall gallery. The other part of my loves the different frames, different prints version. But, I believe what really makes this work is the vintage look of the frames and the fact that it is not the center piece of the room, the fireplace and framed mirror are still the focal point and the gallery is on a side wall. Love it.
And...here is my attempt at creating a wall gallery. I got a ton of Josephine Baker prints when I went to Paris last year. I bought out Micheal's entire stock of 9x12 black frames, surprised they didn't have that many. Slowly but surely measured out the frames. It took hours, but finally got all six frames on the wall.


Design FormuLA has a great how-to for hanging picture wall collages.













No comments:

Post a Comment