Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Papier Mache Brooches

I found these beautiful brooches on Mrs. O Blog. Mrs. Obama, as always, was wearing a unique piece that happen to be a vintage papier mache brooch. Luckily, there was a link to the DIY instructions, from Cathy of California in Craft magazine. I love doing crafts. If I had to name one main hobby, it is crafting. I read dozens on craft blogs looking for new projects. I am really hoping to open an Etsy shop to display and sale my crafts. But I am still working to find a craft that would fit in that category. These papier mache brooches are the closest to that.


I put a pin on the back of a few of them. I plan to make the flat, two-layer flowers into hair pins by attaching them to a black headband or ribbon. I wore the top green flower pinned on a dark green summer dress. They didn't match perfectly, but contrasted enough to compliment one another. I thought it looked great.

No comments:

Post a Comment