Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I Had the Time of My Life: Patrick Swayze

Pure sadness. When my sister called me last night and shared the news about Patrick Swayze's death, I was in shock, completely silent. I can't remember the first time I saw Dirty Dancing, probably 4th grade. I, of course, had little comprehension of the controversial abortion issues in the movie, but I knew the love story and the dancing was right up my alley. Dirty Dancing has been my favorite movie ever since. Over the last 16 years, I have probably seen the movie 1,000 times. In 2007, I received the 20th anniversary edition of the movie. I know every single dance move in that movie. I remember practicing the "lift scene" in the pool with my cousins.
"Me? I'm scared of everything, I'm scared of what I saw of who I am, and most of all I'm scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life, the way I feel when I'm with you. Dance with me..." --Baby (Frances)
There has been waaaay too much loss this year. I will miss you forever Patrick.

No comments:

Post a Comment