Thursday, September 3, 2009

Voodoo Experience

This is the best news I have gotten all week. Lenny Kravitz, the love of my life, just announced that he is playing the Voodoo Experience in New Orleans this fall. I haven't seen Lenny in concert in years because he has been in Europe touring and hasn't played the US in a while. I am by far his biggest fan. Of course, I probably can't afford to go to New Orleans anyways, but I would die to go. The really funny thing is, the hotel, tickets and flight aren't even that expensive. If this was last year, it would be a no-brainer, but money is tight this year (Thank you recession). Also, it is the same weekend as my 5th anniversary with my boyfriend, and five is kind of a big deal, huh?

The line up for the show is insane. Kiss, Eminem, Robert Randolph and the Family Band. I am a music lover, all music, an appreciator of sound. It is a perfect mesh of all music genres, plus it is in New Orleans, a beautiful city with an amazing history. After seeing Benjamin Button last year, I became obsessed with the history of blacks in New Orleans. It was one of the only cities in America before and after the Civil War where blacks could be successful.

It would probably take a miracle to get me to the concert, but I will keep my eyes open for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment