Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A Little Texas in DC

My favorite restaurant in Texas is Chuy's. A cute little Tex-Mex restaurant in Austin (It has now expanded to have chains all over Texas, but the original is in Austin). There whole menu is amazing, but since I was 10 I have only ordered one thing, a "big as yo face" burrito with chicken and Deluxe Tomatillo Sauce. The sauce is what makes it all worth it. It is so delicious. Everything is homemade in the restaurant. There are very few Tex-Mex restaurants in Texas that don't make their own tortillas. And like most Mexican restaurants, you start off with the delicious chips and dip and always request the jalapeno ranch dip with your chips.I love Mexican food and could easily eat it every day. This is the only thing I miss terribly about Texas.

Well, I found a recipe for Deluxe Tomatillo Sauce and am going to give it a try tomorrow. My sister and her family are coming to town tomorrow and I already had plans to make enchiladas, so the sauce will be a fabulous addition. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment