Thursday, September 24, 2009

Oprah to the Rescue



Whenever I need a little hope, a little pick-me-up, I watch Oprah's Legend's Ball. That is one of the most influential things I have ever seen on television. There were so many strong Black women who came before me and opened doors. This show just reminds me that I can do anything; anything I work hard for and set my mind to I can achieve. And the Gospel brunch video is so spiritual, so moving, it always makes me feel better. Everyone has those moments when they have worked hard for something and there is nothing else they can do but hope for the best. In those moments when I have to let go and have hope, this clip is always my bright light.

I have the original recording on my Tivo from May 2006 that I transferred onto my computer and pull it up anytime I feel the need.

No comments:

Post a Comment